Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cabbage, Kale and Carrots


I got my husband to eat cabbage! Cabbage is one of his beneficial foods but when I first married him, he refused to eat it so I have been on a minor crusade to find ways to get him to eat it. I found 3 ways actually, but this one is his favorite.

1/2 head of cabbage chopped
1/2 yellow onion sliced
1/2 bunch of Kale (dark leafy greens so alkaline and good for you) wash, chop up
2 carrots peeled and shredded
some Real Salt
1 tbs or more of ghee or olive oil

In a skillet, saute the onions until soft even longer to "caramelize" add the carrots, then the cabbage and kale. Keep a lid on the skillet on med heat to steam, but stir often until veggies are just tender. Add salt to taste and some garlic if you like. Serve hot It is also good cold the next day for lunch. It's like a hot salad. I love hot salads.

The other cabbage preparations that Perry will eat are; my own fresh sauerkraut ( see older, previous blog), cole slaw that I let sit for a couple hours with Real Salt on it drawing out the water, and then I drain it and add some apple cider vinegar sweetened with agave. It's about a 1 to 1 ratio. He will also eat cabbage in stews and soups now. My next project with him is beets.

No comments:

Post a Comment