Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kale Chips with Coconut Oil



Kale chips are becoming very popular now. Why not? It's a fun way to get your leafy greens. There are a load of recipes out there for Kale chips but I think I found the best one and easiest. No recipe here cause it is so simple and so good.

 First, dry your fresh kale (spinach works too but it does have a bitterness that is unpleasant, and chard also works) in your dehydrator as per directions, then spread dried kale on plate and drizzle about 1 TBS melted VCO virgin coconut oil over the leaves and sprinkle with Real Salt or other sea salt. I use a regular plate and after I drizzle and salt the first layer of leaves, I lay another layer on top of first one and drizzle and salt again and maybe a third layer. When cooled and hardened, store in zip lock baggies and take one with lunch every day. The coconut oil can be scraped off the plate and used again. Between the spinach, chard and kale, I like the kale best.
 I have a screened dehydrator with five shelves which I love and use all the time. The picture is of this dehydrator. It's called the "Food Dryer" and it is made in China and distributed by Duer International Inc. I bought this one at a fair and do not have the contact for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment