Monday, August 19, 2013

Teaching Kefir and Sauerkraut Class Fall 2013

Thanks to Real Foods Market, I have some dates set for teaching my Kefir and Sauerkraut classes.  

Sept. 26, 2013   at the Orem Real Foods Market  400 West  800 North , just north of the Sonic drive in.   6:30 pm.   $10 fee to be paid a day or so before event.   I will sell live kefir grains for $10 and other starters for Kombucha, sourdough bread and maybe some water kefirs. Emphasis will be on raw milk kefir and it's benefits and uses and how to make homemade sauerkraut from cabbage.  These two foods I feel are the easiest for the beginner and provide the most "bang for the buck"  the nutrition "buck" of course. I have plenty of cultured/fermented foods to taste.  

October 30, 2013  At the new Real Foods Market, Sugarhouse Store  2209 So. Highland Drive in same area as Whole Foods Market.   6:00 pm.  Same agenda and fee and starter sales as above. 

November 21, 2013   at the Orem Real Foods Market   a week before Thanksgiving.  6:30    same agenda and fee and starter sales as above. 

I haven't got a date for the Real Foods Market in Heber yet, still working on that.  

I don't have any private home dates yet either but I am certainly open to any suggestions.  I love doing home classes.  The hostess just  collects 2-3 dollars from those she invites to pay for my gas.  I take starters and plenty of samples to taste of home grown cultured/fermented foods.   It's a lot of fun.  Best way to reach me is   

joannesmithseal@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment