Thursday, August 16, 2012

Kefir and Fermenting Class in Logan, Utah





I will be in Logan, Utah next week...Thursday, Aug. 23 at 5:30   at the Logan House 136 West 100 North, Logan, Utah.  This is a free event and I am the guest speaker/presenter.  Some of the people coming to this even will bring food they have successfully fermented.  This is a good time of the year to learn how to ferment or naturally "pickle" vegetables without heat.  I will be talking about and selling milk kefir grains and other starters like natural yeast for bread and "scoby's" for kombucha.  I will also bring some foods that I like to ferment.  I will demonstrate my dairy strainer cloth which separates casein from whey efficiently, and demonstrate how to work kefir grains to get a "super food" from milk.  It should be a great even with audience participation and plenty of samples and tasting.  The person organizing this even is Karen Batty  and you can email her for further information.   karenbatty@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment