Monday, February 23, 2015

Sourdough Fish Pancakes



Here is a different kind of sourdough pancake.
I needed a quick dinner and needed to feed my sourdough start at the same time.  I also had only one tilipia fillet in my freezer...not enough to feed both of us for dinner.   But, adding it to a pancake batter would stretch that one filet for both of us so I made "fish pancakes" for dinner that night and served with my own sauerkraut, was a wonder meal.   

1/2 cup whole grain sourdough start
1/2 tsp. Real Salt
1 or 2 eggs beaten
1 TBS chopped green onion
1/2 tsp. chia seeds
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1 small fish filet like tilipia cut into small pieces  with scissors
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. baking soda
some bacon grease, or coconut oil or olive oil or butter to fry them in.  

Fry in hot oil on both sides until the bits of fish are done.  Makes 5-6 pancakes.  Serve with tomato cocktail sauce  or tartar sauce.  A side dish of sourdough corn bread or cooked brn. rice or quinoa and salad are nice with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment