Monday, February 23, 2015

Spinach Cookies

     No kidding!   Spinach "cookies" are a hit every time I bake some up.  Recently I baked a batch for a committee meeting and the whole batch was eaten very quickly.  The other regular cookies were left behind.  I wish I had taken a picture but we were late for the meeting. Lots of people are trying to avoid sugar and this recipe helps.  

     These "cookies" are not sweet but savory and taste very good.  When I was asked to bring cookies I replied yes, but they will be the healthy kind.   

4 eggs beaten
1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry  ( I use scissors to cut it smaller)
1/2 onion chopped fine
1 cup dry sourdough bread crumbs  (another reason to keep sourdough bread that fails to rise)
1/3 cup butter  softened or melted
2 TBS cream or milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp. Real Salt  and some pepper
1 tsp. poultry seasoning

Optional:   1 TBS.  raw sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds or both.

     Mix all together and allow  2-3 hours for it to sit covered, at room temp. to completely soak the bread crumbs.  Use a spoon and form balls of dough to drop and press onto greased cookie sheet or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment