Friday, November 13, 2015

Joanne's Blood Type O Breakfast Pulse with Eggs

This pulse is my staple every morning...except Saturday mornings when I make sourdough pancakes.

I put together my pulse Sunday nights and cook enough to last me all week.

I have formulated my pulse based on the grains and legumes that are easy for a Blood Type O to digest.   I have made up 3  #10 cans of this pulse for my self and 3 cans for my Blood Type B husband.  I cook his separate.  We both thrive very well with our breakfast pulses. Flax and chia seeds are also added to both pulses. 

Mine uses  amaranth, basmati brown rice and steel cut oats for the grain.  I measure 2 parts of this mixture to one part legumes which are crushed adzuki beans and blackeyed peas.  

I crush the legumes with the steel burrs of my WonderMill Jr.  which is attached to a stationary exercise bicycle (see an older post called Peddle Grinder). 

Sunday nights, I measure out 1/2 cup of my dry pulse  in a small stainless steel pot with 1 2/3 cup water.  With lid in place it sits on the stove overnight to soak.  In the morning, I begin cooking it.  Hot at first and watched so it doesn't boil over, then I turn down the heat to warm with lid on.   It takes about an hour to cook to tender.   I will ocassionally stir it up from the bottom and add 1/2 tsp. Real Salt and a spoon of coconut oil.  

When done, I take part of this and eat it with an egg I've cooked slowly in my small iron fry pan with onions, mushrooms and green peppers.  

My cooked pulse looks kinda dark grey and purple because of the adzuki beans.  The pot stays in the fridge the rest of the week and I take out just enough every morning to go with my eggs in the small fry pan.   Some times I like to mix the egg with my pulse as they warm up.  I will mix in some soake/dried walnuts and more butter and some honey.   

This pulse meets a good share of my carbohydrate, mineral and protein needs for the day and the egg adds bonus nutrition.   I also like to have some raw milk kefir with this breakfast as a drink or a smoothie, or with some cut up fruit. 

No problem with constipation eating pulse everyday which is a problem for most O blood types. 

We do not eat pasta anymore, or any other wheat based commercial product.   I do make sourdough bread and it is good and tastes wonderful but it is not an everyday thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment